About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Sweet Remission! God is so good!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

One day at a time..............Week 12

Nine years ago, my dear friend Barnie Trussell...........gave me a copy of Christie Lane's song...."One Day at a Time"............Barnie, that song is still appropriate today.  What was great advice back then, still holds true today.

Last Monday marked the completion of week #12 of Leslie's weekly chemo treatments.  She also met with Dr. Lee for exam and update.................good news and not so good news.  The good news.....while Dr. Lee was examining Les' breasts she asked, "It was the left breast, wasn't it?"  I'd say if Dr. Lee wasn't sure which breast has the "issue"............very good news!!!  Plus, at this point in treatment, many patients require a blood transfusion.............not needed!  Thank you Lord!!

The not so good news...........Les thought she'd now be having treatments every three weeks, only to find out she still has to go several times......the every three weeks was not happening...........but, hey....as we begin the second half of the chemo........what the nurses call the "nasty chemo".....Leslie is a bit scared, nervous and apprehensive............fear of the unknown.  But, with God's hand on her shoulder, Leslie will move forward with the treatment........

I'll be with Leslie Tuesday for the beginning of the second half.  Please keep her in your prayers for healing......that her body will accept the new process in a very positive way on her way to remission.  Tuesday begins what seems to be part two......as we continue this one-day-at-a-time journey.............do your know the song?

"One day at a time, Sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.
..........Lord help me today, show me the way....
One day at a time."


Lord, please send my sweet Leslie the strength and courage she needs.....

1 comment:

  1. We will all continue to keep Leslie and her family in our prayers. You can beat this, Leslie! Your a strong and brave woman! Love you!

    ReplyDelete