About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
Sweet Remission! God is so good!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Last Day!

Today we celebrate the final day of radiation!! This past week has been the hardest on Leslie and left her with a blister, but we're chalking this final day up as a major milestone!

We've turned a corner and we're on the home stretch!! Herceptin every three weeks through February......that calculates to about four, maybe five more.........around first of March we should be ready for the final surgery to remove the port, remove the spacers...... and insert the more comfortable implants.

What a year this has been........actually February 15, 2011 was the diagnosis day and it has been a whirlwind ever since. Whatever you know about cancer and the treatment of........multiply it by a thousand or more.....it so so so much harder that you think.


In the middle of all this.......we are still counting our blessings!  So many!!

A few weeks back, Stacy came and helped Riley & Avery carve pumpkins.  Stacy is a bundle of energy and the girls absolutely loved this project!

Stacy & Avery


Clowns & Wizards (and Jim)

Riley & Her Jack-o-Lanterns


Jamie & Josh also came for a visit!  Jamie writes the best blog...
.....just love her way with words........

Here are some photos from their visit.......
Posing with the Scarecrows


Bath time is always giggly.....

Jamie (such an athlete).......even taught Avery how to palm a small basketball.....

Wow!  Look at that!!  (well, maybe it was an orange, but the technique was still there!)

Good job, Jamie!!

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we thank our Father for so much.  My friend Cindy Garcia put it this way..........

"Thankful for Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, David.......all the authors of The Bible.   It is my GPS for life. . .and just like a directional GPS, sometimes I think I know a better way to go, but when I find that "my way" has caused me to lose direction, my GPS (The Bible) ALWAYS shows me the right way to get back on track!"

Yes, I too tend to lose my way when I venture out on my own........then I remember to find some quiet time and give it all to Him.............."Sit quietly with Me, letting all your fears & worries bubble up to the surface of your consciousness. There, in the Light of My Presence, the bubbles pop and disappear."

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!  You are loved!





No comments:

Post a Comment